New Musical Fidelity LS3/5a monitors on display.
"To my ears, one of the best-sounding LS3/5a variants that I have heard – and I have heard many." - David Price – stereonet 11/2023.
The LS3/5A was originally designed for listening places where space was limited, like mobile control rooms for television. The goal was a linear frequency response down to 100Hz with an excellent sound quality.
Due to the closed type cabinet, the LS3/5A convinces with its clear and fast playback. As the speaker was designed to be used for studio applications, the midrange is extremely detailed and realistic. The sound stage and imaging of vocals and instruments is truly extraordinary. The LS3/5A works best in a near/mid-field listening distance between two and four meters away from the listener.
The LS3/5A In Brief
- Two way, closed back type
- Nominal Impedance: 15 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 82.5dB/W/M
- Manufactured according to the BBC R&D design 1976/29
- For near/midfield listening distances
- Extreme accuracy in midrange frequencies
- Quick and perfectly defined bass due to closed back
- Linear frequency response down to 100Hz
- Truly extraordinary sound stage and imaging
- Perfect combination with Class A amplifiers like the Musical Fidelity A1
- Astonishingly clear, detailed and warm sound stage