VPI Designer Prime turntable. Very Limited Production, only 10 units in black leather and 5 in brown leather were made. Suggested retail price is without cartridge...we have numerous options available. Interesting trades welcome.
The limited "Designer Prime" hand crafted by our local leather worker in Cliffwood New Jersey. The Designer Prime is a unique life style table with the performance of a reference sound! There will only be a handful made and will be a limited run.
2 years ago, we started creating leather wrapped turntables for Master Dynamic. This opened the door for possibilities for craftsmanship leather working. While we don’t want to fully embrace this as a company and want to stick to the core and CONSISTENT product line, we had a customer request a leather Prime. Last year we made 1 sample and received very positive feedback. We commissioned our leather worker to make 15 more of these products. 5 in Brown and 10 in black leather. The “Designer Prime” is a limited run and are handcrafted by a Master Leather worker. This is not a standard table and there is no say that we will ever make this table again.
- 2 Prime chassis bonded together
- Fully Italian leather wrapped chassis hand stitched together
- Special finished center weight, motor, and armbase
- Metal JMW 10 arm special finished and leather wrapped
- The 300 RPM, 24 pole, AC synchronous motor is capable of high torque and quiet operation. The motor is installed in a separate aluminum and steel machined assembly with leather top
- The Inverted bearing features a hardened stainless steel shaft, 60 Rockwell chrome hardened ball, spinning in a phosphor bronze bushing and sits on a PEEK thrust disc. The belt side load is placed at the center of the spinning bearing for zero teeter-totter effects
- The 20 pound 6061 aluminum platter has an accuracy of +/- .001” in a 39” circumference
- The motor pulley has an accuracy of +/- .0005” when leaving factory
- Wow and flutter: .03%
- Speed Accuracy: .04%
- Rumble: 82db down
- Overall Dimensions 21 ⅜" x 15 ¾"
- Footprint is 19 ½" x 13 ¾"
- 60 lbs weight