The TL-2.5i all-tube preamplifier is designed for performance – giving you music that is direct from the source, in the most realistic, colorless and truthful way we know how. This preamp is packed with features to give you the maximum control over all the audio and video sources in your system. With 6 line inputs, an optional internally retro-fittable phono stage, two pairs of outputs, a tape loop, and external processor loop (for home theater), you can rest assured that this preamp will plug and play into your existing system in no time at all. Silver or black cosmetics, and remote volume control and mute come standard.
In this new and improved version of our long-standing TL-2.5 Performance Preamplifier, both the line stage and the phono stage have been updated sonically with audiophile-grade parts, resulting in improved resolution, greater harmonic richness in the mid and highs, with the speed and dynamics that have become the hallmark of the VTL family sound.
A pair of user-selectable Gain Switches have been added to the Line Stage to allow the user to select between Normal Gain and Low Gain. Similar to the design of the TP-2.5 Series II Phono Preamplifier, the TL-2.5i’s internal phono stage supports both MM and MC cartridges, and offers user-adjustable Load and Gain settings that makes cartridge optimization an easy task for vinyl lovers.
Above all, you’ll be pleasantly surprised when you find out how little the TL2.5i costs. This sturdily made unit hand-built in the VTL factory in California, with proven-quality parts, will take your breath away with its clear, musically involving sound.
- Pure tube circuit with high current low impedance output
- Drives amplifier loads down to 45kohm without audible bass roll-off
- Stiff power supplies for each gain stage
- 6 line inputs (5 with phono), 2 pairs single ended RCA outputs, 1 tape loop, 1 record output, 1 external processor loop for home theater
- Optional internally retro-fittable phono stage for MM and MC
- Remote volume control and mute
- User Selectable Gain Switch (Normal and Low gain) in the Line Stage
- Mono function for Line and Phono inputs
- Simplest direct circuit path for purest musical sound and high reliability
- Audiophile-quality 27mm laser-trimmed volume and balance controls
- High quality VTL gold plated RCA jacks
- High quality glass fiber circuit board with heavy copper traces
- Heavy 16-gauge chassis construction, with well-shielded power supplies
- Ultra-low-radiation power transformer design
- Detachable IEC power cord
|TL2.5i Line Stage|
|Vacuum Tube Complement||2 x 12AU72, 2 x 12AT7|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||20Hz – 20kHz, 0.02%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||90dB|
|Maximum Output Voltage||30 V RMS|
|Gain||8dB or 14dB (user selectable)|
|Channel Separation||75dB @ 1kHz|
|Power Consumption||100 Watts (line) 150 Watts (with phono)|
|Primary Mains Fuse Rating||100/120V = 1A Ceramic Slo Blo, 220/240V = 0.5A Ceramic Slo Blo|
|Dimensions W x D x H||19 x 15 x 4″ / 48.3 x 38.1 x 10.2 cm|
|Weight||25 lbs (11.34 kg) packed|